Loading some great jobs for you...
Schedule:Sun 9am-5pm Mon-Thurs 3pm-11pm
Join BAMSIs growing workforce delivering compassionate care!
Residential Counselors at BAMSI assist disabled and/or brain injured adults living in supervised residential settings in order to ensure their safety and well-being in a manner that promotes growth, independence and dignity.
BAMSI is a 1900+ employee health and human services organization with locations across Eastern Massachusetts. We offer generous paid time off, paid holidays, paid trainings in a supportive environment that offers growth opportunities! Health and Dental Insurance is available for employees working 30+ hours.
Must have a high school diploma or GED. A valid driver's license in state of residence and satisfactory driving record is required. Must be able to record data using a computer, enter time worked into an electronic system and receive and send emails. Previous experience working with individuals with developmental and/or physical disabilities preferred. MAP highly desired but not required.Description
Schedule: Sun 9am-5pm Mon-Thurs 3pm-11pm
Essential Functions: To assist disabled and/or brain injured adults living in supervised residential settings in order to ensure their safety and well-being in a manner that promotes growth, independence and dignity.
1. Assist individuals to complete personal care tasks, which include, but are not limited to: toileting, showering/bathing, grooming, personal hygiene, assisting with mobility, repositioning, dressing, and range of motion exercises.
2. Support individuals in the completion of Activities of Daily Living (ADL) tasks, which include but are not limited to: cooking, cleaning, general maintenance, shopping and money management.
3. Utilize Positive Behavior Supports (PBS) practices, to create a thoughtful and supportive environment by ensuring activities, plans, and routines reflect the preferences, needs and goals of individuals.
4. Follow the Department of Public Health s (DPH) Medication Administration Program (MAP) policies, which include, but are not limited to: training requirements, medication administration, medication security, and corresponding documentation.,
5. Ensure individuals nutritional needs are met according to prescribed diet. Assist with feeding as necessary.
6. Use supportive and adaptive, health-related protections/equipment as prescribed. Clean equipment as directed.
7. Learn and utilize communication tools which include but are not limited to email, tablets, letter boards, etc.) taking into consideration the method most suited to individual needs.
8. Assist individuals with planning and implementing community based activities and group activities within the home.
9. Create opportunities to teach and support financial and safety skills. Encourage skill building to promote increased independence.
10. Assist in the development and implementation of Individual Service Plans (ISP s) including implementation of behavioral plans and medication treatment plans.
11. Assist individuals with maintaining the cleanliness and neatness of indoor and outdoor areas.
12. Transport individuals served to and from day programs, medical appointments and other activities as required. maintains a valid driver s license in primary state of residence and follows the requirements of BAMSI Safe Driver Policy PE-48-12.
13. Using approved techniques and only as necessary, restrains individuals to prevent injury to themselves and others.. Communication, Documentation & Teamwork
14. Follow funder and agency protocol for reporting alleged abuse and/or neglect.
15. Record data by the conclusion of each shift. Documentation requirements include, but are not limited to: financial audits, medication records, ISP data, behavior data, and behavior tracking.
16. Facilitate and document fire drills as instructed by the Program Manager or designee, and the program s Safety Plan.
17. Fulfill case management responsibilities as assigned by program manager, including those related to medical and legal concerns.
18. Ensure client safety and compliance with program standards for staff coverage, including assistance to the Administrator-On-Call whenever possible.
19. Maintain knowledge of ongoing program issues and developments as well as informing supervisor of program issues and concerns.
20. Communicate in a professional and respectful manner.
21. Work in other residential programs when needed. May work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
22. Assist with training employees new to the program.
23. Treat all individuals, employees, and visitors with respect and dignity.
24. Attend and participate in monthly staff meetings.
25. Follow funder regulations and adhere to all BAMSI policies.
26. Understand and utilize universal/standard precautions and instruction on how to stay safe in areas that constitute risk.
27. Complete all other duties as requested.Requirements High school diploma or equivalency, Associate s or Bachelor s degree preferred.
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...